Weekly Food Drive
Our amazing Garden Teacher, Jen O'Connor, is collecting canned & dried goods and backyard tree fruit for EHArts families. Jen & Miss Cecilia work weekly to make food baskets for our families.
- Needed: un-opened & non-expired canned and dried goods, includes non-refrigerated almond or rice milk.
- Needed: backyard fruit tree givings (oranges, lemons, kumquats, grapefruits, limes, avocados, etc).
- DONATION DROP OFF ONLY: 2126 Princeton Avenue
- Leave donations in labeled bin outside of home gate, it's checked daily.
- Drop off anytime that works for you.
- Masks and social distancing are required when dropping off donations.
- Please consider buying an extra item or two when purchasing your weekly groceries.
- Fresh Greens Family offers fresh produce boxes for delivery and supports an EHArts family. Contact [email protected] to set up a delivery.
- Direct delivery via Amazon or Instacart are also good options.
Rainbow Club is a district-wide virtual club for LGBTQ+ elementary school students, their friends and their grown-ups. Rainbow Club is part of the LAUSD Human Relations, Diversity and Equity program.
- TK-5th grade.
- Wednesdays from 3:45-4:45
- April 7th & 21st, May 5th & 19th, June 2nd
- Zoom link: tinyurl.com/HRDErainbow
- Facilitators will open the room at 3:15 for adults who have questions beforehand.
Below are Free Learning Websites for Kids (in no particular order):
- Eureka Math very helpful videos to supplement the worksheets the kids brought home.
- Nat Geo for Kids / Learn all about geography and fascinating animals
- Scholastic Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing during the Coronavirus school closures. Every day includes four separate learning experiences, each built around a thrilling, meaningful story or video. Kids can do them on their own, or with their families.
- Suessville Read, play games, and hang out with Dr. Seuss and his friends
- ABC YA Practice math and reading skills all while playing fun games
- Fun Brain Play games while practicing math and reading skills.
- PBS Kids Hang out with your favorite characters all while learning.
- Star Fall Practice your phonics skills with these read along stories.
- Storyline Online Have some of your favorite stories read to you by movie stars.
- Highlight Kids Read, play games, and conduct cool science experiments
- Switcheroo Zoo Watch, listen, and play games to learn about amazing animals
- Into the Book Go "into the book" to play games that practice reading strategies
- Khan Academy non-profit Kindergarten to 12th grade learning platform in all subjects.
- Sesame Street literacy and art activities for our K-1st graders.
- Cool Math Games online strategy and skill math games
- The Kidz Page online games and activities. Lots of printables!
- How Stuff Works Inquiry-based articles across the curriculum
- ReadWorks- Reading Comprehension( K-5)
- ReadTheory- Reading Comprehension (K-5)
- Brain Pop- Fun Science (K-5)
- Freckle- Math, Reading, and Science
- GoNoodle- Physical Fitness & Dancing
- Typing- Typing for kids
- Prodigy- Math Games for Kids
- NASA - JPL - Stem activities for Families
- National Museum of Natural History - Virtual Tours!
- Science Buddies - STEM Activities for kids
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Live Cams - Live Cams of the aquarium/ocean
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Games and Activities - Activities for students
- Free Printable Early Reading Books - Free printable early reading books
- Varsity Summer Camps - Week long free classes
- IXL - Comprehensive K-12 Curriculum (Subscription needed - Free Summer Trial for LAUSD students, Contact Dana Dodge, [email protected] )
- Epic Reading - Digital Library for kids! (Subscription needed - Free 30 day trial)
- Annuity.org - How to Teach Kids About Money
- Home Page
- Latest News
- Parent Portal
- School Forms: Student Emergency Information Form, Student Enrollment Form, Photo & Information Release Form
- Student Handbook 2020-21
- Special Education Services & Programs
- Covid-19 Testing
- Local District Central
- Return to Campus Family Guide
- Grab & Go Centers
The goal of the GATE program is to identify gifted and talented students, including those from diverse racial, socioeconomic, linguistic, and cultural backgrounds, and provide high quality differentiated opportunities for learning that meet students' unique abilities and talents.
Learn about the spring 2021 GATE meeting HERE.
En español AQUÍ
Ruth Beaglehole Parenting without anger EHArts Webinar & Community Series
- Learn about Ruth
- EHArts Webinar: May 5/4 at 5pm, June 6/1 at 5pm
- Zoom ID: 690 299 5164
- Passcode: 2020
- Community Webinar Series: Saturdays from 9-11 AM
- Meeting ID: 991 5547 6848, Password: 012534
- This is in addition to the free Elysian Heights series
- Donation based community offering but we also know and understand the depths of what people are going through. If you wish to donate, you can simply PayPal Ruth directly at [email protected] but please know that this offering is one from the heart for the community.