Summer School Covid Testing Information for those attending Summer School in our Community of Schools and/or LA's Best Summer Program at our school. Please see the images below.
"Get your vaccination and let's get back to better! dailypass.lausd.net"
We wanted to share with you a recent announcement made by Superintendent Austin Beutner on a new, comprehensive effort to offer vaccinations to all students 12 and up during this school year while teachers, staff, and our students are still in school. The program is expected to start at schools on May 24th and you will be receiving a letter with more information. If you have any questions, please feel free to call the Los Angeles Unified Family Vaccination Hotline at (213) 328-3958.
LAUSD Public Service Announcement: LAUSD PSA VIDEO
Vaccine Public Service Announcement with Rashawn Slater from Los Angeles Chargers: Vaccine PSA VIDEO
Student Vaccination Video: COVID-19 Student Vaccination
LAUSD Local District Central presents the Community of Schools Summer Program. Please note, Elysian Heights Arts Magnet WILL NOT be hosting these summer programs at our school site, however we wanted to share with you the district summer options for your students.
For the TK-8th grade Community of Schools Summer Program (offered at 191 schools, just not ours), there are two ways that parents can register their children.
Submitting an online application found at https://achieve.lausd.net/summer2021
Request a paper application from the school's main office.
In addition, online enrichment summer courses will continue this summer. More information about registering for online enrichment courses will be available at https://achieve.lausd.net/summer2021 beginning June 1.
Summer Food Drive
Our amazing Garden Teacher, Jen O'Connor, is collecting canned & dried goods and backyard tree fruit for EHArts families. Jen & Miss Cecilia work weekly to make food baskets for our families.
- Needed: un-opened & non-expired canned and dried goods, includes non-refrigerated almond or rice milk.
- Needed: backyard fruit tree givings (oranges, lemons, kumquats, grapefruits, limes, avocados, etc).
- DONATION DROP OFF ONLY: 2126 Princeton Avenue
- Leave donations in labeled bin outside of home gate, it's checked daily.
- Drop off anytime that works for you.
- Please consider buying an extra item or two when purchasing your weekly groceries.
- Fresh Greens Family offers fresh produce boxes for delivery and supports an EHArts family. Contact [email protected] to set up a delivery.
- Direct delivery via Amazon or Instacart are also good options.
Monthly Tea with the Principal
- 2021-22 Dates TBA
Rainbow Club is a district-wide virtual club for LGBTQ+ elementary school students, their friends and their grown-ups. Rainbow Club is part of the LAUSD Human Relations, Diversity and Equity program.
- TK-5th grade.
- 2021-22 monthly meetings TBA
Below are Free Learning Websites for Kids (in no particular order):
- Eureka Math very helpful videos to supplement the worksheets the kids brought home.
- Nat Geo for Kids / Learn all about geography and fascinating animals
- Scholastic Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing during the Coronavirus school closures. Every day includes four separate learning experiences, each built around a thrilling, meaningful story or video. Kids can do them on their own, or with their families.
- Suessville Read, play games, and hang out with Dr. Seuss and his friends
- ABC YA Practice math and reading skills all while playing fun games
- Fun Brain Play games while practicing math and reading skills.
- PBS Kids Hang out with your favorite characters all while learning.
- Star Fall Practice your phonics skills with these read along stories.
- Storyline Online Have some of your favorite stories read to you by movie stars.
- Highlight Kids Read, play games, and conduct cool science experiments
- Switcheroo Zoo Watch, listen, and play games to learn about amazing animals
- Into the Book Go "into the book" to play games that practice reading strategies
- Khan Academy non-profit Kindergarten to 12th grade learning platform in all subjects.
- Sesame Street literacy and art activities for our K-1st graders.
- Cool Math Games online strategy and skill math games
- The Kidz Page online games and activities. Lots of printables!
- How Stuff Works Inquiry-based articles across the curriculum
- ReadWorks- Reading Comprehension( K-5)
- ReadTheory- Reading Comprehension (K-5)
- Brain Pop- Fun Science (K-5)
- Freckle- Math, Reading, and Science
- GoNoodle- Physical Fitness & Dancing
- Typing- Typing for kids
- Prodigy- Math Games for Kids
- NASA - JPL - Stem activities for Families
- National Museum of Natural History - Virtual Tours!
- Science Buddies - STEM Activities for kids
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Live Cams - Live Cams of the aquarium/ocean
- Monterey Bay Aquarium Games and Activities - Activities for students
- Free Printable Early Reading Books - Free printable early reading books
- Varsity Summer Camps - Week long free classes
- IXL - Comprehensive K-12 Curriculum (Subscription needed - Free Summer Trial for LAUSD students, Contact Dana Dodge, [email protected] )
- Epic Reading - Digital Library for kids! (Subscription needed - Free 30 day trial)
- Annuity.org - How to Teach Kids About Money
Ruth Beaglehole Parenting without anger EHArts Webinar & Community Series
- Learn about Ruth
- On-campus Series: 2021-22 Dates TBA
- Community Webinar Series: Saturdays from 9-11 AM
- Meeting ID: 991 5547 6848, Password: 012534
- This is in addition to the free Elysian Heights series
- Donation based community offering but we also know and understand the depths of what people are going through. If you wish to donate, you can simply PayPal Ruth directly at [email protected] but please know that this offering is one from the heart for the community.
The goal of the GATE program is to identify gifted and talented students, including those from diverse racial, socioeconomic, linguistic, and cultural backgrounds, and provide high quality differentiated opportunities for learning that meet students' unique abilities and talents.
Learn about the spring 2021 GATE meeting HERE.
En español AQUÍ