ELYSIAN HEIGHTS PLEDGE
The EHArts Pledge supports the Arts & Science programs that make our "little neighborhood school with a whole lotta heart" distinctive.
Our Pledge, along with our Silent Auction and Donovan's Run 5k FUN*raisers work to meet our annual $120,000 goal.
We spend approximately $400 per family on Arts & Science enrichments. We ask that you consider a donation at this level.
If you can give more, please consider doing so to help families who cannot. Every and any amount counts.
Our Sept. 29th - Oct. 2nd Pledge Week goal is $30,000.
$100 per family will get us to our goal!
Any amount makes you a superhero!
When we work together we make great things happen!
Ways to give:
- Donate & Share!
- Employer Matched Donations: Ask your employer or Click here.
- Checks made out to: Elysian Heights Parent Association
- Mail to: 1562 Baxter St, Los Angeles, CA 90026
All donations are tax-deductible (Tax ID 85-5042402)
For inquiries: [email protected]
Your charitable donation directly supports EHArts Arts & Science Programs, which is outstanding because...
Arts Education is Important!
Arts education in elementary school has a remarkable impact on students' academic, social, and emotional outcome. The Arts:
- Improve academic performance.
- Develop empathy, fine motor skills, and the ability to focus and collaborate.
- Increase civic engagement, social tolerance, and social/emotional wellness.
Our EHArts Pledge Programs include
- Musical Arts: Theory, notation, vocal & instrument technique, solfege, connecting core academics with music, improvisation and collaboration.
- Visual Arts: Basic art elements, ceramics, experimental painting on canvas, costume making, book making, tapestry weaving and printmaking.
- Theater Arts: Story-telling methods from global traditions, theater games, improvisation, design arts, writing, performing, and producing.
- 5th Grade Catalina Marine Science Camp: A hands-on experiential science, utilizing state of the art labs and equipment, increases science literacy and environmental stewardship.
- An alternative to our Science Camp is in the works for our 2021 graduation.