Elysian Heights Parent Association
January 1, 2021
We are your Elysian Heights Parent Association. We uphold Traditions, safeguard Inclusion, facilitate Connection, and FUN*raise to provide our school with enrichments.
Interested in being a part of our team? Here's a list of the many ways you can participate:
1. Come to Family Meeting (Calendar): Find out what EHPA is all about and share your thoughts, ideas and comments directly with the board.
2. Become a Room Parent: Room Parents are the direct line of communication between the class and everyone else. EHPA & the school depend on its Room Parents to communicate needs from the class and for the class.
Room Parent responsibilities include:
*Attending monthly EHPA Family Parent meetings.
*Communicating to their class when supplies or donations are needed for events.
*Communicating student needs to the teacher, EHPA or school, and teacher needs to the parents.
*Being an advocate and leader for their class.
3. Volunteer for a FUN*raiser here: We annually FUN*raise $120,000 to provide school enrichments. Our FUN*raisers are...
- Back to School Pledge: The Pledge is our first family-oriented fundraiser and is 10% of our annual $120,000 fundraising. Learn all about it here.
- Silent Auction: A perfect way to kick up your heels, make new friends and support the local businesses you love. Just in time for the holidays, bid on items from all your beloved East Side & adjacent haunts. This is our second fundraiser, is family and community-based, and is 10% of our annual $120,000 fundraising.
- Donovan's Run: Our 5K is our biggest and final fundraiser of the year with an emphasis on business sponsorships. It is 80% of our annual $120,000 fundraising goal. Learn about what makes Donovan's Run special here.
- Harvest & Dia de los Muertos Festival (October): An on-campus celebration of everything Halloween while honoring Dia de los Muertos
- Holiday Meal Boxes (November/December): Providing meal boxes for EHArts families in need
- Winter Tamales (December): Parent-made & sold in school. Supports 1% of fundraising.
- Winter Program (December): Students sing Christmas, Hanukkah, Feliz Navidad & Kwanza songs
- Sopapilla (March): Communal tea with homemade sopapillas
- Taste of Elysian (April): Students explore healthy samplings of themed foods.
- Spring Talent Show (April): Students showcase their talents.
- Multicultural Festival (May): Students explore cultures through dance, music and food.
Contact [email protected] with any questions. And don't forget to sign up for our newsletter (Stay in the Know!) at the bottom of the page!
Your 2020-21 Elysian Heights Parent Association Board
President - Lowell Gordon
Vice President - Zulma Mena
Communications Director - Lesly Ortiz
Treasurer - Emily Kosloski
Secretary - Monica Ramos-Ramirez
Parliamentarian - Darcy Harris
Teacher Liaison - Amy Treviño